Thursday, January 5, 2012

Crown of Beauty

I am *cough* 43. My body is changing. My metabolism is slowing, menopause is coming and my mind, well, let's hope it hangs around for a while yet. On a physical level, I struggle to be comfortable in my body. When I look in the mirror, I see every bump, wrinkle and blemish. Every imperfection is seen. I have not been blessed with porcelain, perfect skin. My skin is sensitive and shows every mark. On one hand you will find a burn and a puncture wound - the permanent reminder of a poor choice as a child. This body lacks in height (just a couple more inches would have been great) and I fail to see any beauty in me. However, my husband says I'm beautiful and he is not the only one!

My God also says I am beautiful. Colossians 1:22 informs me of that I am "holy in his sight, without blemish and free from accusation." His eyes don't see what I see. His eyes see the beauty within and not that which is seen to the outside world. My physical attributes play no part in whether I am accepted by God. It is my heart that matters.

The world sees what the mirror sees. It focuses on the outside, full of imperfections and judges accordingly. From one who has wished for more height, less weight and better skin, take heart in that you are beautiful no matter what this world says. When you walk with Christ you wear a crown of beauty. You don't have to be perfect to be accepted. You are loved no matter your imperfections.

Stand tall and be confident as you wear your crown knowing that God has made you just the way you are and he loves you - every bump, wrinkle and blemish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers, please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts.