Monday, January 23, 2012

Safely Home

It's 1am, I can't sleep and my son is yet to arrive home. Think there's a connection? Definately. I have tossed and turned for the past 3 hours waiting to hear him drive in. Waiting to hear the garage door slide open and shut, the back door to open and footsteps making their way through the house and down the hall. I am unsettled although not upset, just not able to find sleep or peace. As parents, this is natural. We will always worry about our children - are they eating well, looking after themselves, are they SAFE!

We are not the only ones who pace up and down in their heads or on their feet. God does too. How many nights has he sat up waiting for his children to arrive safely home. How many times has he wished we would call. How many times has he longed for us to open that door and walk in.

He wants to surround himself with his children, just like we as parents do. When we are worried and anxious - he feels this too. He felt pain like no one else. He actually knew his son would die from before he was born and he had to watch as life and death unfolded. All this so that he could welcome all of his children safely home. A sacrifice of mercy and love.

I hear a sound, the car rolls in, the door opens and the footsteps are light as they make their way down the hall. All is good in the house again. My son is safely home. Are you? Have you walked into the Father's house? He's waiting for you.

Cheers,
Lynnelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers, please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts.