Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Coffee warms the heart

If you know me you know I love coffee. From one who only started drinking coffee a few years ago, I now love the smell, taste and a good strong coffee is divine. Recently, I was blessed to spend some precious time with a long-time girlfriend over a cup of coffee. It was simply wonderful to sit, chat and then do a little retail therapy on a laid back Friday afternoon.

We live in the same town, our children have spent time together and our friendship goes back 25+ years. Yet our moments together are too few. The weeks of life trundle past and still no coffee and chat. It seems ridiculous to be so close and yet spend so little time together. I know we have families, work, house and everything else that makes up a busy life however, surely there is more catchup time available.

Looking back it was one of the best Friday afternoons I have had in a long time. NO rush, no work just a casual and relaxed cuppa with a friend. If you are feeling disconnected from life and needing more time with friends. Pick up the phone, text or phone and set that coffee time. It will warm the heart and the world can wait.

Love,

 

 

 

Need a guest speaker?  Read more about how you can engage Lynnelle to speak at your next womens event www.lynnellerichardson.com.au




No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from my readers, please feel free to leave your comments and thoughts.